Sunday, February 28, 2010

on erasing







Thumbnail warmups of some visored helmets.

I am trying to break myself of the bad habit of erasing all of the damn time. I've come to the hard realization that erasing is seriously slowing down my thought process. It's allowing me to get hung up on a drawing or letting it become too "precious." Gonna try to cast my uptight perfectionist tendencies aside, at least when it comes to getting things started. Polish can come later. It's pathetic really, how difficult it was to just keep drawing these little guys one after the other. My eye kept tugging back to the previous one "ack, I need to fix... don't you see that's off just there... hey wait!" It helped me ease up and focus on shapes, although admittedly I didn't really push any of these to extremes, they're fairly conservative. The next round, I can start by picking a handful of promising ones and taking them further. Just after I finish breathing into this paper bag.
blog comments powered by Disqus