Monday, December 28, 2009

Hobbes



On Dec. 23rd at 3am on a very cold night, I had to make the decision to put my little ferret Hobbes to sleep. It was the toughest thing I've ever had to do, holding him, as I said my goodbyes. But it was the right thing for him, and for myself, as hard as it was to do.

He was my buddy, my friend, and a beloved pet. I know he's somewhere now breathing a sigh of relief that I'm not constantly after him with medicines and "here comes the airplane!" eyedroppers full of ill-tasting concoctions. I'm grateful for the time he gave to me, for making me laugh no matter how bad my day had been, and for the unconditional love. I'm going to miss him terribly.

A big thanks to those friends and family members who were there to comfort me and for me to get snotty tissues and tears all over. I will pay for any and all dry cleaning bills.

L
blog comments powered by Disqus