Sunday, August 24, 2008

Flipbook


Well, it's happened. A flipbook animation app has been created for the iPhone and iPod touch.
It's like someone called me up and said "Lauren, do you remember all of those flipbooks about monsters, racing kangaroos, and exploding space aliens you used to make in middle school? You know, the ones that let you experience a small, yet fleeting smidgen of popularity from throngs of delighted onlookers? Well, today is your lucky day!" I downloaded the free trial version (Flipbook Lite) and although I'm not entirely in love with the interface just yet, I'd be lying out my bum if I didn't get the giggles from the small act of creating the illusion of movement. Sadly, the trial version is limited to a pathetic 10 frames, and one upload onto the web.

So, until I cough up the $9.99 for the full version, here is my one.

*EDIT* 
I just found this. From the looks of it, Kineo may win the usability category. I'll have to investigate further...

0 comments: