Tuesday, May 6, 2008

New Bedford Whaling Museum

Holy lack of posts Batman. Apologies for the lag. Let's get the ball rolling again, shall we?

Doodle of scrimshaw in my sketchbook.


The Lagoda, the world's largest model ship.


A couple of weekends ago I took a zip car down to visit the New Bedford Whaling Museum. As anyone can tell you, I'm a nut for things historical, and visiting museums are a great way for me to gather reference material for illustrations and fill up the space in my brain allocated to useless trivia. 

Now, I know what you're thinking. But it wasn't like that at all. The museum was well worth the visit. Highlights included beached whale advertisement posters from the 1800's, naturalist's drawings of various whale species, a scrimshaw gallery, and the world's largest model ship.

For the full account of my trip, view my picture album.

2 comments:

Nick Burns said...

he.he........ seamen.

Those building are amazing. I think I'm going to buy an entirely seafoam wardrobe cuz that chick was lookin HOTT.

k.krapp said...

oh honey it was so good to see you!!! we need to get in the same city so we can take day trips and hang at the ocean and mock children. theres no one else id rather eat cheerios with. well talk soon crazy stories. much heart hun.